Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas/House Plans




Ahhh mere minutes before Christmas. It sprang upon me this year. There was no build up, no looking at lights, just school, intramurals, finals then BAM it's Christmas. I mean there were subtle hints and everything, but this Christmas season was so different for me. And let me just be honest for a minute.

For all the people out there who are saying, "Don't forget what Christmas is really about" and "We should go to more services because it is Christmas." Well i do understand that and I feel bad because usually, I'm the person those statements are directed towards. I'm the guy who loves the giving and receiving of earthly gifts, but not so much about the Christian meaning of

Christmas.
I'll admit that I do feel disgusted with myself at times for having everything I do. I am soooo blessed with family, friends, wealth, happiness, and what do I give back. Hardly a thing. It's pathetic. My spiritual life is definitely lacking and getting it where it has the potential to be has bothered me for years.

Wow I really went off on that, sorry. -Well on another note, this whole semester I've been picking up ideas of a house. I absolutely cannot wait until I own my own house and have money to fix it up. Well, today I started a blueprint. haha. yeah i know...interesting. It seems to be going well, I started out with an eeeenormous casa but have downsized to, well not a mansion anymore. haha. It's really a lot of fun, especially when you're bored. I might post some pics later if I do a blog just on my house once I finish my blueprint.






This should probably be all for now. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a great rest of the Holiday season.

1 comment:

Jack said...

"My spiritual life is definitely lacking and getting it where it has the potential to be has bothered me for years." -If you ever wanna talk, you know, I'd be up for it. Or you could just talk and I could listen—either one.

Also, I wanted to say that somehow, the pictures totally make this blog for me. Everything from the welcome mat to the Christmas stuff to the blueprint thing, which is excellent—I dunno. You probably didn't give them a ton of thought, but somehow I love them.

Anyway, I think I empathize with the Christmas/materialism thing. It just makes everything so weird for us to have made a holiday with those two things combined (presents and Jesus). I like hearing your thoughts.