Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sorry week 7, oops. Here's week 8

6-29

Today I learned that I need to just tell people no. I need to make time for myself on Sundays. I need to make Sundays what I need them to be. There should be as much God time as possible. I let all the little things build up on me and cause me to make everyone around me feel drained. It was definitely not a positive day. After having a long venting talk with Travis I feel that I’ve relieve the pressure and I’m ready for tomorrow. Right now it’s almost 12 and I’m preparing myself to go out and put in my absolute best in order to let God take care of the rest. I’m in control of my attitude and schedule. That’s it.

7-7

Ah the joys of a new week. This past weekend I actually went over my internship papers and found that I had some papers to turn in during the middle of my internship. Thank goodness I found them. It may affect my grade a little bit, but it will be alright. So about today. I had 26 contacts and only 7 presentations. This was disappointing because last week I had 11 or more everyday! However, I did try a new map cycle which involved working new territory until 7:30 and then going back to houses. That way each day I’m a day ahead on my gravy. It was a great idea and I can see how it is really going to help me build momentum this week. This week I’m going to give everything I make back to the lord. It’s going to be awesome because I’m going to make a ton of money this week. All in order to give it back to him. I know I don’t deserve this money, opportunity, etc, and my mom suggested that I just dedicate all my earnings of this week to the lord. So I may double my summer, but half of it will go to the lord. I cannot wait until tomorrow, I kept a fairly good positive mental attitude today, but tomorrow will be even better!

7-8

Interesting that today would be one of my worst days. I had 35 contacts, however only 6 presentations. I had one small sale, it was a college prep pack. I really think that I psyched myself out. I need to just relax and remember that it’s not what I say at first, but how I say it. Once I establish some rapport with the families then it matters what I say. Today was a learning that was not totally unsuccessful, but no where near where I should be. Tomorrow I’ve got to keep my positive attitude and really try to work my absolute dead level best. My approach just has to be relaxed instead of feeling like I’m pressuring them into sitting down with me. It should just be automatic. I learned that Jay Williams sat down with everyone he contacted today. That’s pretty awesome in my book.

7-9

Today was an awesome day. It would have been my best day of the summer if I could have had one more customer or made my weak customer a strong customer. Tomorrow will be even better. I’ve got to keep my focus on being service minded and actually trying to help people. I learned today that I really just have to make myself be positive in order to make other people positive. If I control myself and learn to deal with situations, then God will handle the rest. He sees my efforts and knows what I need at every moment. God sometimes puts us through tough times in order for us to reach big rewards. No matter how bad a day is, God always puts something positive in there for us. We just have to look for it. The bad days we have are only because we refuse God’s blessings. That’s free will, that’s the idea of being able control our own attitudes towards God and his blessings. Everyday from now on should be me thanking him for every detail of my life. Ultimately without him I serve no purpose in this life, and I am living a useless life. By confiding in him I can truly be happy and make a difference. I talked with Tiny tonight, he’s basically the handyman around here, and it was very interesting. He’s a character anyway, but he’s so smart. His knowledge of history and his philosophical views of life are really quite amazing. He inspires me to want to become more of a thinker and reader than I am now. I want to become intelligent and be able to create new ideas from known knowledge.

7-10

BEST DAY OF THE SUMMER!!!

That’s right, today rocked. Even though I didn’t have the most sit downs or contacts, I had 77 units. 5 strong customers! It was amazing. The crazy thing is that if I had sold annuals, I would have had over 100 units today alone. I am going to finish strong. My main focus today was that I just prayed for everyone and everything. I prayed for each house that I left and each family that God would help them or just be with them. It’s the 8th week, which is also mind blowing. I only have about 4 weeks before my summer will be over. It’s flying by and I need to really focus in these last few weeks in order to serve God and truly finish with a good experience. There’s still so much to learn, but the biggest thing about today was that God controls everything. Even when things seem tough, He’s only preparing us for a greater prize.

7-11

Well I didn’t try hard enough today to get my second best day. Tomorrow however, will be by far the best day of my summer. There is no doubt in my mind. Today’s biggest struggle was waking up during the day. I got really tired from 3-5. I also was a little cranky at some doors because of the tiredness. So tomorrow I’m going to get myself pumped up especially early. I’ve got so many people to see that my morning gravy alone will prove to beat my previous day. I will also have my best week this week if I just go out and have some fun tomorrow. I really want to be sure to leave everyone in a good mood if possible. I also need to pray more. The more I pray the more my mind is focused on others and less on myself and my needs. I cannot describe how many people I have to see tomorrow. It is going to be unreal.

1 comment:

Jack said...

Sounds intense… I'm glad the end is near. You can do it.

BTW, bonus points for using the word "rapport."