It's been a long time. yes. ok, moving on!
For those of you who do not know, I'm back in McKenzie, TN. I am living with my parents trying to save money so that I can go to Korea to teach English. All of this has come up in the last 2-3 months and I'm actually really excited about it. Living at home has been ok, I have taken quite a reduction in pay. I get paid by the hour now instead of by the table. The job is boring, but in a town of 5,000 at least it's a job. My expenses are nearly zero so that helps tremendously. Plus I can hang out with my nephew. He's a blast, except when you want to sleep in.
I still am somewhat distant from God, but I feel like going to Korea is part of his plan. Just before I left Lexington he introduced me to a friend named Charles who was Korean. He was able to help me talk to the Korean consulate because the lady's English was T.e.r.r.i.b.l.e. Seriously, so bad.
Now that I've moved back home I've met not one, not two, but three Koreans! They all showed up this year. One is a freshman and speaks very little English, but he is pretty cool. The other two are married. Their names are Joseph and Jay Won (girl). They speak very good English and can hopefully help teach me to speak some Korean before I leave.
So there's a quick update on life. I'm waiting for my FBI background check which takes a minimum of 8 months to process. I sent in my application at the end of July...Then I will have to find a school, apply, get accepted, get my visa acceptance number, then pack and go to Korea.
On another note, I went to my alma mater's first home football game tonight. I saw a few old friends and it felt so strange to look out on the field. It seems so much smaller now that I've left and come back. The kids look so young and the field looks so small. All I could think about tonight was how different it felt. I had no sense of insecurity or wondering what people thought of me. I have realized that I am happy with who I am and do not seek approval from any of those people anymore. If only I knew that in high school things would have been so much different, but oh well. I did have fun and it was good catching up with the folks that stayed in McKenzie. Hopefully I will write more now that I have some free time. That's it for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment