Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Boundary Between Alone Time and Togetherness

So the other day I had to go to the mall to get my parents some Christmas presents. I asked a couple of people if they wanted to go with me because I felt like someone should go with me or I was lame. Then I was thinking about it...I honestly think I like shopping by myself because then I can take my time. I can look at what I want to look at. The only part that sucks is when you need another opinion or just someone to talk to. But if you know how I shop then you know that I like to window shop. I love just going in stores and looking at things.

It's funny because one of my friends in McKenzie today was like, "hey do you want to go to jackson (where the mall is) with me so I don't feel stupid going by myself?" It made me think of the other day when I went shopping.

Oh an important side note, if you want a cheap pair of khaki pants or black pants, or any pants for that matter, DO NOT go to Men's Warehouse. They have great clothing at high prices. The guy that worked there was really nice though, he came and acted like a butler to me or something it was kind of cool. I think he could definitely tell that I had never shopped for that nice of clothes before. haha. But I ended up buying a pair of black pants, and when I got home I went suit shopping so now i'm gonna go return those 50$ black pants haha. I hope whoever reads this has a great Christmas.

2 comments:

Joey said...

Sometimes its hard to know when you need to be alone and when you really want to be with other people. I really enjoy being with other people without feeling pressured into constant conversation and having to "do something". Let's bring back "togetherness".

I hope you enjoy your time at home.

Jack said...

I definitely know what you're talking about. What's really great is when you get a quality person who doesn't care how long you want to take and just wants to come along and have fun.