Thursday, September 10, 2009

So what have I been up to?

Blogging is great. It really is, however, I've found something that helps me unwind a lot more. You see earlier tonight I was wishing for a way to get away, but then remembered that I had photography stuff due tomorrow (thanks DJ).

So I got the assignment for tomorrow done, but wanted to get ahead on my landscape shot. I drove out to 68, went into Wesley village to try to grab some shots, but there was nothing there for me. I heard a siren while I was in there and while i was pulling out, an ambulance pulled in. I hope whoever it was they were coming for turned out to be alright. Then, I went to Bethel Point Neighborhood because I was trying to find somewhere high to take the picture from. One night we drove around there and found this huuuuge pile of dirt and Marie-Claire and DJ kind of dared me to go to the top of it. It was one of those situations that started with, "You won't...." So of course I did. But there again, no pictures were to be found. As I was driving around that neighborhood, I saw these lights over the train tracks and there just so happened to be a ladder on the side of the lights, so I climbed up, but still there weren't any quality viewpoints from up there. So off I drove back down 68 and onto 169. It turned out to have lots of potential but by this time, the sun was going down and the landscape shots were fleeting. I took a few pictures and played around making light trails from cars, but also just realized how much fun it was to just take pictures. (I'll post some later, but I don't feel like getting my camera out.) I was so relaxed and just kept taking different shots with different shutter speeds and aperture openings that I didn't care that I was standing in front of a bunch of cows or taking pictures of cars that went by. I also took St. Augustine's confessions and a notebook but didn't make it to that. We also had Encounter and small group tonight which was awesome. Encounter was cool but small group is going to be sooo good. There are some really quality people and even more quality leaders in the group. I'm excited and honored to be in there group.

So what does all this mean? Well...I don't know it's just my blog. I also like Miley Cyrus's new song, "Party in the U.S.A." I don't know why, but I do. It's kind of embarrassing, but I can't help it. Wow it's 1. Peace out.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Bahaha, I like that song, too.