Sunday, May 23, 2010

Girl Story

Alright, to relieve Kate's desire to hear the story I will explain.

I was sitting in a house and it was awesome. The dad, Bill let me in and we sat at his kitchen table. I usually build rapport with kids by getting them to come sit down and then tell them I'm with the military. It goes something like this,
"Hi, did your parents tell you what this is about?"
"Nope."
"Ok well I'm actually with the military and due to the events from the past few weeks your parents have enrolled you in a two week military program. You need to pack light for two weeks and then we'll do some push ups and head out."

Then the kids usually freak out or their parents bust out laughing. After that they are pretty relieved and cool. So then I started explaining what I am really doing and show him the books. His older college sister was in the kitchen with her friend while we were doing the military prank. They busted out laughing as well and asked where we were from. Then they went to the other room. So while showing the books we hear the mom yell from the other room, "Bill she wants to use your number."
Bill says, "What? She wants to use my number???"
"No, she wants you to get his number."

At this point I didn't know what his reaction was going to be so I just froze. There was a bit of awkward time until he finally cracked a smile and laughed. So I then proceeded to let out a nervous laugh and continue on with the demo. Well it ended up that they had already ordered the books in the past but he didn't know it. The mom bought them a few years back. So he said he was sorry but wasn't sure if they knew where it was. He said he wanted to call me in case he couldn't find the books. So I gave it to him. Well we usually have our phones off during the day so I cut it on at about 9:40. I had two texts. One said, "Hey cutie ;)." The other said, "Remember me from the kitchen?"

So that was kind of funny. I did respond to her texts for a minute but then decided it probably wasn't a good idea. So that's my story. I hope it was entertaining.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Yes, it was entertaining! Did you ever see her?

So was that dad going to order more if they couldn't find the others? If so, were they loaded?

Jack said...

Was she cute?

hamesworth said...

I did see her, she was in the kitchen. The dad was going to order more and yes he was loaded. The package I showed him was $300 and he was like, the money isn't a problem.

She was cute, I think. I only saw her from across the kitchen and i have book goggles. Which are similar to Asbury goggles.