6-1
June already? How did it come so soon? Ok so to be quite honest the end of May went quickly. I mean if you think about it I’ve been doing this job, training included, for 3 weeks now. To me, that’s kind of crazy. It seems like a lot less. I’m super tired tonight, and I have a ton to do tomorrow. This week I’m reaching for higher goals. I want to feel like I’ve put my best foot forward. By the way, really random, but we don’t have water right now because our well is being primed…so no shower or bathroom use…interesting. Today we had our Sunday meeting and played Frisbee, that’s pretty much it. Oh!! I got my car washed finally! It looks a million times better. Ok I’m falling asleep.
6-2
My attitude today was awesome, however, my stats did not reflect them. I only had 28 contacts, 10 presentations, 31 units. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll get back up to my good numbers. I want so bad to hit 300 units this week and get 78 presentations. I need prayer for my family. Things are becoming different because we’re all over the place and some of us are lonely. Sometimes we give so much to others that we forget about our needs. Pray for those that do this, and help them by showing them we love them. Tomorrow is a new day, and I reallllly need to go to sleep. Goodnight.
6-3
The tiredness is beginning to catch up to me. The lack of sleep and the 12 hour days are wearing me down. That’s why I’m going to catch some good sleep tonight. My day was productive statistically, but it was like I wasn’t really there today. I had 36 contacts, 10 presentations, but no sales. Tomorrow will be different. It’s going to be hump day, which means I’m just skiing down a mountain now. It’s really cool to see my forearms getting darker…I just wish the rest of my skin matched it. I want to do well this week, I want to have at least 300 units. There’s no reason why I can’t do that. We’ll see how the rest of the week plays out. My biggest problem is leaving parts of the sales talk out. I forget important parts like the intro, and I’ve also had trouble finding a need. Most people just say that they have everything they need. Anyway, my eyes are closing.
6-4
Well I had the exact same stats as yesterday, with the exception of one sale. Which shouldn’t really count because it was only software. I think I’m so concerned about getting my contacts and presentations that I’m not really going through my sales talk. I’m just doing demos to get a stat. Hopefully I’ll be able to turn this around tomorrow. WE picked up internet tonight, which could be bad…I also got 48 bottles of VitaminWater in the mail today :D. Today we had some Europeans come stay with us. They were really cool. I wasn’t aware that SW recruited people from other countries to sell, but it makes sense. It’s an awesome opportunity. I still have to make my lunch and fill out some paper work so I think I’ll go for now. Hopefully this will keep you entertained for the night.
6-5
Today was a pretty good day. I had 40 contacts, 12 presentations (the most ever), and3 small sales. I also got to experience the fun times of the job. I met a mom who said the classic, “I’m not interested” and so I told her it would only take 5 minutes and then immediately sat down. She slowly followed and we got around to talking about all kinds of stuff. It was really cool to just connect with someone and completely change their attitude towards me. My bank account got really fat this week which is cool. I also get to deposit two more checks tomorrow. They were right, it gets better. This week started slow, but it’s going on the upward curve now. One sad note, Beth left today. I knocked on a door today and the dad said they just had a death in the family. I graciously apologized and then went to the next house. I found out that the previous family with the death had his wife just pass. They had about a 10 year old daughter and the mom died at about 6:00 that morning. I felt terribly sorry for them. I also met a guy that was building something out of some wood so I asked him what it was for. He told me that it was a casket for his dog. He was going to have to put him down tomorrow. I told him that I had done that his year, and I was sorry. Both sad stories I know, but that’s what makes this job so cool. You can see tiny glimpses into what people go through and see how they keep going. Love God and Love people, that’s what will get me through today and tomorrow. OHH a funny story. I pulled up to this gas station to look for a map. The car next to me had stickers all over it. No seriously like covered in quotes and stickers. The guy inside had a huge beard and kind of looked like he could have been a hippie. When I pulled up beside him he was sleeping, and he seriously had like 3 inches of snot hanging from his nose. He woke up when I pulled up next to him and got out of his car, but he hadn’t noticed the 5 pounds of snot hanging from his nose! Crazy I know. Anyway hope that cheered you up.
6-6
No sales today, but I met some awesome families. I found this new neighborhood that wasn’t on the map, but was absolutely loaded with kids. I know that sounds creepy, but it was one of the most positive things ever. Only about 3 houses in the neighborhood of 20 houses didn’t have kids. Like I said no sales, but my contact to presentation ratio was a little less than 50%. We also picked up a new member to our team today. His name is Josh. Chris and I talked with him a lot tonight about how the first weeks suck, but how it gets better. He said it was encouraging, and it was strange for Chris and I to be giving advice, because we have only been here 3 weeks. However, we’ve learned so much. Sunday is never going to be so good.
6-7
I almost quit early today, but I didn’t. Gravy days for me so far have not been that great. It was 7:00 and I thought I was pretty much out of houses, but I went back over my territory and then went up a new street. I just talked with Travis and I know why my Gravy sucks. I had been setting up appointments during the middle of the day and the appointments are only for gravy. (Now the light bulb is coming on in my head). He also gave me some really good approaches for teachers. Today was freaking hot. The bank thermometer said 91 and I believe it. I sweated more today than I have all week combined. It was unbelievably hot today. My stats for today were 31 cont. and 13 presentations. It was my best day for presentations so far, but 0 units. So that kind of sucked. The best part about all that is that next week I start to really DO this job. Instead of just getting numbers I’m going to start actually talking to people. It’s going to get even better this next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment