6-8
I’m just saying it now. This will be my breakthrough week. I’m running through the red tape of failure. This week is Father’s week. Because Sunday is Father’s Day, SW devoted this week to show the appreciation that we have for our dads. Our work and units this week will reflect our dads’ work in our lives. This job really makes you understand how hard parents work and the sacrifices they make just to please us. It brings them so much joy just to see us do well. After I told my dad that this would be my best week for him, he thanked me and said that all the work he put in for me had become worthwhile because of who I am becoming. That will resonate all through this week as I get 300 units this week. That means I’ll make $1500 in this week alone. That’s more than all of my first 3 weeks combined. I have also decided to devote this week to God. I want to genuinely help other families. This week should only be about others and none of it should be for myself. If I go out and help others then the units and sales will come along as a bonus. Everybody’s getting’ ‘em this week!
6-9
Today I followed Jes. Even though the practice weeks are over, I still learned so much. She is so good at taking people’s angriness and turning into serenity. The people would just calm down and be like, Oh ok, cool. It was really neat to watch. It was however, blistering hot. My shirt sleeves were discolored from me wiping sweat off my face the whole day. I got in late tonight, but it was ok. I had to pick up Chris in
6-10
Well to be honest, I wrote 6-9 tonight. Haha. I was so tired and it was late last night so I didn’t write one. I tried to recall everything that happened yesterday in the best way I remember. However, today was a disappointing day. I came into the week so pumped about Father’s week and had to follow my first day. Then today, I had a zero sales day, only 27 contacts, and 6 presentations. I think I figured it out though. Because it’s father’s week, my mind is so set on getting sales that I’m not really focusing on serving others. I would talk with non-prospects like older people and they were all very nice today. Then I would go to a mom and I would get denial after denial after denial. The mindset is the biggest thing I need to work on. I just have to really not care whether or not they even want to talk to me. Some people will, but most won’t. That’s just how this job is. Once I really begin to figure that out, I’ll be alright. The sales will come if I just focus on helping others, and not being prideful towards myself.
6-11
The combination of prayers, a little hard work, and a servant mindset helped me get a sale today. I had 25 contacts, 11 presentations, and 1 customer. The customer got 3 handbooks so that was good. I’m really going to try to get handbook customers tomorrow. I need to finish strong to have my best week and get to recognize all the appreciation for my dad. I really want to achieve this goal this week. Today I was walking up to a house and was looking at the ground. When began to walk up on the porch I found myself literally 6 inches from this massive dog’s face. I immediately turned around and ran for my life. Luckily he was tied up or else I would have been his lunch. I’m not kidding, this dog was huge and pissed off. Another funny story, Chris and I tried to get free donuts tonight, but my friend Mike wasn’t working. So we decided we would just go look in the trash to see if we could see the leftover donuts. As soon as we opened the dumpster we changed our minds. The smell was terrible. Chris got hit on by a gay guy today and a 48 year old mom. Interesting…Both are very funny stories with very funny quotes. The first was,(what Chris thought he heard,
Guy: “Are you okay?”
Chris: “Yeah, I’m fine.”
Guy: “No…are you a gay?”
Chris: “Oh. No sorry to disappoint you.”
The other one was just a one liner.
Chris: “I’ll just stop by later on tonight.”
Mom: “I’ll be sweet for you tonight.”
6-12
Today contained a sale, but it was still a disappointing kind of day. I mean I was satisfied with everything that happened and what I learned, but I just want to do so well for father’s week. It’s so frustrating to know that I’ve done really well in the past, but now can’t get back to that point. I want so badly to have my best week for my dad, and I think that I’m almost too focused on that. I feel like last week my focus was on God helping me and this week I’m saying the words, “God take this and use it for your good,” but I’m not really meaning it. Which is also frustrating. Tomorrow is Friday and I really need to just let everything go to him. I need to get out of my car and get on my knees and just give up everything. Today was cool to see how people are seeing the real me. I know this because after I left their house, even if they didn’t buy or even look at the books, they would always wish me a happy day or something like that. This morning at about 9:30 I went back to some old territory to try to catch a mom and she was out of town. I was kind of bummed about that, but then saw a car with its hazard lights on. About 50 yards down the road I saw a woman walking. I put two and two together and realized she had run out of gas so I stopped and offered her a ride. She agreed and I stayed with her until she got back on the road. It was so cool to see how God used that disappointment of that mom to turn it into something positive and a way for me to help this woman. The cool part was, later on in the day I was about to go knock on this door when I recognized the car was the same one I helped get gas for earlier in the morning. She didn’t answer, but it was still cool that it was her. Anyway, it’s almost midnight and I need to get some sleep and give the rest of the week to God. As I was typing that I realized that at the beginning of the summer I gave all of it to him, which was great, but I didn’t really do it. I thought that since I did it that one time that it would be taken car of. The truth is that I need to genuinely give everyt day to him in order to really mean it. It’s the same with our faith. We need to serve him daily, or break it down een everysecond should be devoted to God or else we’re not doing what we were made for. So that’s what I will start doing. Giving every day, goal period, customer, whatever, to him.
6-13
Today I had another pick up experience. I was on my way to get gas and as I was coming off of the exit ramp I saw someone walking. I immediately felt the urge to pull over and had noticed a car on the interstate. So I just did it. I gave this guy named Bob a ride. Turns out, his car had a flat and he didn’t have a tire iron or jack. To add to that stressfulness, he had no phone and was on his way to work. Keep in mind that this was about 9:30 p.m. His job for the night was to make auto parts deliveries to shops all night long. He said that he would probably be working until about 6 in the morning. I really felt bad for him. I mean, yeah my job now is tough, but I can stop whenever I want and my life would be fine. If he just decided to not work hard one day, his family would feel the consequences of that. He told me that he was taking care of his mother, trying to help a friend who just lost a son, and balance his own family all at the same time. Again I just felt sorry for the guy. He was so real though. He was like a dose of straight reality. That’s real life for some people. Bob told me that he didn’t care if went “up there” or down to hell. He just wanted to go somewhere. He told me that just before I stopped to pick him up he was thinking to himself, “why am I the one eating dirt right now.” I wanted to talk more about God with Bob, but didn’t know what to say. At the end of our ride all I could think to say was “I’ll pray for you.” He said, “thanks, I need it.” He handed me a $20 bill even though I insisted that it wouldn’t be worth it because I just drove him seriously like 2 miles. But he wouldn’t take no for an answer and left it sitting on the middle console. It’s cool to see how God used me tonight on my way to get gas. Talking with Bob just added to the realness of God. Everything happens for a reason and God is always with us. Today my goal was to meet 3 cool moms. I met that many and so many more. Even dads have been awesome to talk to. For now I should go to bed. If you’re reading this and you have everything you NEED, then be thankful because others don’t. That’s the main lesson I’ve learned all week. God has taught me so much about selflessness, but it would take waaaayyyy more than a week to uncover how much I still need to learn.
6-14
It’s the end of Father’s week and I did not reach my goal. I had 94 units this week. I was 206 units short of my goal. I wanted so bad to get it, but just couldn’t get things to go. It’s ok though. I called my dad and tried to apologize for not hitting my goal, but all he did was reassure me that the units aren’t what he was proud of. He said he knows that I want to do well this summer, but the changes that have taken place in the past four weeks are what he’s proud of. He told me that just being here and doing the work makes him proud. Tonight was just another reminder of how much my parents care about me. I’m really glad this week is over. I’ve got to put it behind me and move on. I just looked at the pace-setter (a book that tells how everyone is doing this summer). I missed being in the top 100 by 13 units. I want to be in the top 100 next week. I’ve got to really work hard this week to do that however. I’ve been wasting a lot of time recently and that needs to stop. I need to get organized. Tomorrow Nate will be here and our whole organization will meet together and there will definitely by some Frisbee playing going on. I’ve got a little bit more paper work to do, then I can go to bed. I can’t wait for next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment