6-16
Marvelous Monday. That’s what today was. I started my week with two sales. One was a weak sale, but he told me he would have cash for me on Friday and he has bought books before, so I trust him. It will only get better after today. It’s been a tough transition not hanging out with Chris and accepting the new people, but I think it’s going to make me better. To battle through that struggle and still make this my best week will prove that I can adapt and not let things get me down. I met two very positive people today. The first was a dad who looked pretty rough. I didn’t even think he would let me talk, but he was so into his kid’s education. He wanted the very best for his kid because he had dropped out. He loved the books but didn’t get them. I have no idea why. I mean seriously he was the most excited out of all the people I’ve seen that looked at the books. After it was over, he apologized for not being able to “help” me and then offered me 10$ bill. I walked away and refused it, but just thought how cool he was. The other dad I met was very snobby and conceited. He was drinking wine and talking about how horrible the schools were. He said that his kids were doing math before kindergarten and that he could teach them math better than the teachers at the school. However, at the end of all that, he did say that he wanted me to send in my resume to his company. He works for a place called ipix.com. It’s a virtual touring company that allows you to view something online as if you were standing in the room. That’s about all I know about it. It really shocked me that he said that and then it hit me. This job is just what God wants me to do. I’m not trying to sound arrogant, but many people have told me that the pitch was good and that I delivered it well. I am starting to believe them, this is what I like to do and people think I’m good at it. So there’s no reason why this week won’t be my best week ever on the book field. Goodnight.
6 – 19
Wow so I totally forgot to write this. When I moved rooms, I just forgot about this journal. My bad. The new roommates are good and I found out that I can call my parents at night. So those were both positive things. This week has been pretty good, besides the zero day today. The area I’m working in is pretty poor however. Everyone loves the books, but seriously, the places I’m talking to have noooo money whatsoever. They don’t even have checking accounts. I was thinking about that just now and I have 3 checking accounts…interesting. Anyway, I really need to get some sleep and be excited because tomorrow’s Friday which means the next day is Saturday which means the next day is SUNDAY!
6-20
Today I followed Matt. It was good, but I was really hoping that I could just go out and work today. I wanted to catch up with everyone I missed during the week. However, because I didn’t work today, my gravy day tomorrow will be amazing. I’m going to finish strong this week and do my absolute best. God will take care of the rest. I’ve realized that I’ve let myself become bored and apathetic with this job. That self dies tomorrow and I will pull myself out of this hole of procrastination. If I’m going to be here, I am obligated to give it my best and to say that I did everything I could to make this a great summer. There’s no reason why it shouldn’t be.
Funny stories: dog on door, I don’t believe it, digging ditches, terrified
6-21
Today, was an awesome day. My positive attitude today made all the difference in the world. I woke up about 10 minutes before time to go and just made myself have a good day. The day actually went really well. All the families I talked with, it really seemed like I connected with them and was able to help them. Here’s an interesting story, I almost skipped over this one lady because I didn’t think she would have any money. The funny thing was, she was waiting for me outside, and she was 1 of my 2 strong customers and she paid in cash. It’s just so weird to see the people God puts in our lives. He knew that I was going to be able to help her and she was able to help me realize how important it is to trust God. This next week is going to be a lot of fun because I’m going to make it fun. I don’t really feel like writing much more, sorry for the short post this week. I’ll do better next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment