Well I tripled my profit from last week. Good news right? Not so much. We measure our book sales in units. Each unit is about $5 in profit. Last week I sucked and only sold about 100 units which is like $500. This week on Wednesday I had 84 units so I almost beat my week in a day. I feel like I have a lot of potential to live up to. I know I can do this job better because my best week last week was like 342. This week I finished with 308 units. My best day ever is 139 and I am going to crush that next week. This summer has so much to offer me not only in financial gains but also in growth. I am really focusing on doing things because I said I would. Over the past few years I feel like my integrity has slipped and some bad habits have formed. In high school I was such a straight edge student, but in college I let myself become complacent and stretch the boundaries. I want to use this summer as way to recalibrate the direction of my life.
I know all these blogs begin to sound cliché, but it really is true. There is no better feeling than finished a day of working hard all day even when you reallllly didn't want to. Each day is crazy but I am so glad I'm here.
Funny stories for the week: today I pulled up to a house and there was a German Shepard outside. I always jump out of my car and open the back door to get my bag out. Well the German Shepard came running at my car, but the owner said he was friendly. I let him smell me then went to open my back door to get my bag. The dog was friendly alright. He jumped right into my car and just sat there until the owner had to come over and drag him out of the car. His response was, "He has a thing for cars." Interesting day.
I also may or may not have stolen a "No Soliciting" sign. (Some bad habits from college are carrying over).
3 comments:
How many books are in a unit? Like if a family buys a set, how many units have you sold?
I think it's admirable if you can have good days mixed in with not-so-good days (as will inevitably happen) and still not be afraid of success.
a set of 5 books is 40 units. The kids books vary. If they get all of them, which most of mine do, they get 26 books to take them all way to through elementary school. They are 26 units.
Post a Comment