Sunday, June 6, 2010

The end of the Summer!

Ok so I don't know if I've talked about crystallizing my goals or not but basically it's breaking our big achievements into small mini goals. For example, I want to work hard from 8:09 to 9:31 every single day. So, working for almost 13.5 hours in a day seems daunting. So what we do is we break it down into two hour "goal periods." All throughout the day I just tell myself phrases like these to trick my mind into thinking that I only work two hours:
"I have the easiest job in the world because I just talk to moms and get drinks from 9-11."
"I have the easiest shift ever. I only work from 9-11, the 11-1 shift is way worse and I'm so glad that I only have to work from 9-11."
"It's super easy to work for two hours."
"I never work more than two hours at my job."

So all that to say, I've done the same thing with my summer. Instead of working 12 weeks I am working 4 small three week summers. Tomorrow is a brand new summer and I don't have much time so I have to really go work hard to earn the money I need for the fall. I will be switching from Chesapeake to Suffolk tomorrow. I finished this week with about 230 units which is not a very good week for me. I hope to work a lot harder this week and just put my head down and work. They compare it to the analogy of swimming. When you swim it takes forever if you pull your head up and look at how much further you have before you hit the wall. If you just stay underwater and swim hard you will reach the end much faster. Well that is what I plan on doing this week. I want to be totally submerged into my job this summer and Oswald Chambers has been helping so much throughout my weeks here. If you have nothing positive to read in the mornings when you start your day I would highly recommend it. If any of you have any prayer requests you can send them to me and I'll pray for you during the week because I have a lot of time to myself. haha. Enjoy where you are!

No comments: