So I found out today that I am actually supposed to go to Nashville on Saturday and be there by two. My mom wasn't too happy about me leaving Sunday so when she heard I had 24 hours less at home, she wasn't thrilled. I think she is beginning to understand that I am becoming independent. That I want to get out of here and I think she is slowly coming to grips with the fact that I need to get out of there. It's healthy, you know?
Leaving school yesterday really was not as bad as I though it would be. I mean sure it was tough to say goodbye, but for the first time, I really felt at peace about it. The last couple weeks of school I was beginning to get a bit frantic about the separation. With my senior friends leaving, and my new friends and I getting so close, the thought of departure really sucked. The more I prayed the more God sort of released me from those feelings and gave me a calm sense of acceptance to my summer situation. I know that I'm supposed to go to North, freaking, Dakota, but I am excited, genuinely excited to be going. Anyway, that's enough for now (a great song by the Fray), I should go pack and be productive while I have the spare time. Have a great summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment