Today was awesome. I was able to stay focused for most of the day. There were still times when I was frustrated and began to think about going home, but ultimately I could never do that. The shame and excuses that I would have to tell my friends and family would be unbearable. Gas is killing me right now because I was working country this whole week and driving like 150 miles everyday. Tomorrow and the next couple of weeks I'll be in the city so it won't be as bad. On a more positive note, I had 5 customers today and made about $160 today. I met some awesome families. In fact, one mom was my favorite mom of my career so far. I started talking to her at about 7:30 and then just kept talking until like 8:10. Usually demonstrations or presentations take about 20 minutes. Oops. I could have stayed there all night because she was just that type of person that made you laugh and was completely transparent. She was confident, loving, and funny. Three great things that I am striving for everyday. Gas is killing me right now because I was working country this whole week and driving like 150 miles everyday. Tomorrow and the next couple of weeks I'll be in the city so it won't be as bad.
I love what God is teaching me about being disciplined and finishing what I start. I want to be the type of person that learns to accept my situation and pushes through no matter what. I saw this today on someone's porch, "Want what you have and you'll always have what you want." It really made me think about my priorities and why I'm out here for the summer. While those things may seem cheesy in normal life, when you're working 14 hours a day and getting rejected 95% of the time, the little things in life stop bothering you and all you care about are the intangible aspects of life. I love it. I love this job, I love the people, and I love God. Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment