Friday, May 22, 2009

Follow Day

Today I got to follow Simba and it really taught me a lot. The first day I had no sales, the second I had 3 pretty good ones, and then yesterday I had one weak sale which means they didn't put down less than half of the total cost. Today, I made one sale but followed most of the day. Simba worked the whole day except from 1-3 when I worked. The day was slow. That's an understatement. We talked and sold one mom first thing, then didn't see another prospect until 2:45. That's when I made my sale. I learned that no matter what we have to keep pushing ourselves and maintaing the positivity because it all pays off from 5-9. We had a ton of people to see and we ended up getting 4 more customers during the 5-9 (what we call gravy) period. We call it gravy because most of the buyers work during the day, so after they get off work at 5 is when we move in to make the majority of our sales. We use the day to figure who to talk to during the gravy period.

This job just gets better. Everyday is a new opportunity to learn and grow. I heard a really good quote during sales school, "The most frustrating times in our lives are signs that we are about to grow." Not matter how frustrating or lonely the day can be I'm going to keep that in mind and try to focus on others instead of own circumstances. Bedtime. Peace

1 comment:

Dottie said...

you summarize everything when you say that you sell books that I didn't realize how hard it must be.

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
1 Cor. 10:13